People have been known to become very ill from eating honey made by bees that feed on the flowers of Azealea’s & Rhododendrons. The pollen and nectar of the flowering plant contain grayanotoxin.

As far back as 67BC, soldiers from Pompeii reportedly suffered from the side effects of ingesting toxic honey during the Third Mithridatic War. 

It was later discovered that grayanotoxin is a hallucinogenic and a laxative! Similar poisonings were documented in Turkey in the 1980’s.

Source: http://thepoisondiaries.tumblr.com/